Monday 20 June 2011

Let's begin the Copenhagen journey!

Hi all,

Just a quick update that I'll be flying out of Canada today. I'm hoping to add a video within the next couple days. Looking forward to starting a lively discussion - your involvement in asking questions, commenting, and even submitting your own photos, videos, etc. would be extremely valuable in comparing cycling between Copenhagen and your city.

Talk soon,

- Josh

Joshua Joseph
Director, Active and Community Transportation
University of Waterloo Sustainability Project
josephmjosh@gmail.com | 519-897-5394
Josh on LinkedIN

3 comments:

  1. Best of Luck with your studies and investigation.

    I will also be stopping in Copenhagen this summer with my family and hope to travel around the city by bike. I have spoken to others who have visited the city, and one thing that struck me was that while they have a very strong bike culture, very few Danish cyclists wear helmets.

    I believe that they tried to institute legislation for children a couple of years back - which was defeated.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh,
    Have a safe trip to Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anum and Jeff. I'm just settling in now. It's really something else here, almost surreal - no matter where you look, you'll see bikes and cyclists.

    Actually, I'm surprised at the number of people I've seen wearing helmets. Still a minority, but wasn't expecting it (I guess it's more of a personal choice here, and helmets tend to be worn more by the elderly or children).

    More updates to come!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete